EU Should I Stay or Should I Go„ is going to be an online youth exchange which will include more than 40 young people and group leaders from 6 different countries: Italy, Spain, Hungary, N.Macedonia, Montenegro and Germany.
This project represents continuation of NaturKultur’s Erasmus youth exchanges focused on youth involvement in the EU and the EU politics. “Should I stay or should I go” refers to dilemma on three levels: current EU challenges of the Brexit aftermath (should other Member States stay?), the question on the EU enlargement (should potential Member States continue their EU integration?) and the role of youth (should they take active political role?). Youth have to tell what they think about the current European issues and to offer their solution. This project is exactly here to help them with this, both indirectly and directly.
The programme of this project is designed to create a friendly atmosphere in which participants are free to express their opinion, appreciating at the same time opinion of others.
The plan was to organize residential exchange during the project, but because of pandemic we decided to organize it online instead.
1. Between 18-30 (group leaders 18+)
2. Resident of Hungary, or have a residence permit.
3. Interested in topics of European Union, EU institutions and history, youth activism
4. Willingness to actively participate on all sessions
5. Participants don’t need to have good knowledge in English, but group leaders should be able to communicate in English
6. Previous experience in Erasmus+ is not required but participants should show initiative for learning newthings and working with other young people
7. All partners should do their best to create gender balanced teams
Italy, Spain, Hungary, N.Macedonia, Montenegro and Germany
- Raising the freedom of expression;
- Increasing debate on the most relevant European topics, such as EU deepening
- and enlargement, the migrant crisis, the rise of right wing parties, etc;
- Active involvement of youth in the EU politics;
- Raising awareness of European diversity and European values;
- Encouraging local actions, youth participation in communities and active
- Better connection and cooperation between youth and politicians;
Country group size: 8-9 participants + 1 group leader
Days of activity: 11 working days
Dates: 01st – 19th of March 2021.
Advance Planning Visit: 08th-09th of February 2021.