This policy and procedures document is designed to establish a framework for preventing and addressing sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment (SEA-H) within our organization. The aim of this policy is to ensure that all employees, contractors, volunteers, and partners associated with our organization are protected from SEA-H, and that those responsible for SEA-H are held accountable.
This policy and procedures apply to all employees, contractors, volunteers, and partners, including third-party suppliers and consultants, who are associated with our organization. It also applies to all locations and operations related to our organization.
Sexual exploitation is defined as any act or conduct of a sexual nature that exploits, abuses, or takes advantage of another person’s vulnerability or power imbalance.
Sexual abuse is defined as any act or conduct of a sexual nature that is committed against a person without their consent.
Sexual harassment is defined as any unwelcome behavior or conduct of a sexual nature that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment.
Prevention of SEA-H
Our organization is committed to preventing SEA-H through the following measures:
- All employees, contractors, volunteers, and partners will undergo training on SEA-H prevention and response.
- We will conduct background checks on all employees, contractors, volunteers, and partners, including third-party suppliers and consultants.
- We will maintain strict codes of conduct and ethical standards, which will include a prohibition on SEA-H.
- We will take all necessary measures to prevent SEA-H from occurring, including monitoring, reporting, and investigation.
Reporting and Investigation Procedures
Our organization takes all reports of SEA-H seriously and will investigate all allegations promptly and thoroughly. The following procedures apply:
- Anyone who has experienced or witnessed SEA-H is encouraged to report it immediately to their supervisor or a designated point of contact.
- Reports of SEA-H will be treated with confidentiality to the extent possible, and privacy will be protected throughout the investigation.
- Upon receiving a report of SEA-H, our organization will initiate an investigation, which may include interviews, document review, and other appropriate measures.
- Those found responsible for SEA-H will face appropriate disciplinary action, up to and including termination, and may also face legal consequences.
Support and Care for Victims
Our organization is committed to providing support and care to all victims of SEA-H, which includes the following measures:
- Providing immediate medical care and counseling services.
- Offering a safe and supportive environment for the victim.
- Facilitating access to legal assistance, if necessary.
- Maintaining confidentiality and privacy to the extent possible.
Review and Revision
Our organization will review and revise this policy and procedures document as necessary to ensure that it remains relevant and effective. The policy will be reviewed at least once per year.
This policy and procedures document provides a comprehensive framework for preventing and addressing sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment within our organization. We are committed to ensuring that all employees, contractors, volunteers, and partners associated with our organization are protected from SEA-H, and that those responsible for SEA-H are held accountable.