minded people from 10 countries
HackMeOut Tbilisi is going to be the largest hackathon in Caucasus with over 160+ participants from 10 different countries (V4 countries and Eastern Partnership countries). This is one of the most exciting part of the hackathon – to find yourself in such an international environment and to work in team with people who have different mentality, cultural background and point of views depending on where they come from. Creating that kind of atmosphere is crucial for working on IT products, which today grow and move very fast from local to global markets.
This event is for those who are keen on learning new things, working hard and coming up with innovative solutions for contemporary problems. No specific background is needed, just to be interested in UX/UI and have positive mindset.
HackMeOut Tbilisi will consist of two parts: learning and applying the acquired knowledge.
On the first day participants will have an intensive training on the topic of UX/UI. If you have never heard about UX/UI, that’s not a problem. Professionals from the industry will provide basic and necessary knowledge for solving the subsequent task. On the second day, participants will be divided into teams and during the whole day will work on a solution for a challenge which will be given on the spot.
So what is the core methodology behind HackMeOut?
HackMeOut is based on a methodology developed by Jake Knapp at Google Ventures. Design Sprint is a “greatest hit” of design thinking and user-centered design (UX Design) which we formed into a hackathon.
To get competitive advantage in business today is not easy. People are looking not just for the product, but also for emotions and pleasant experience. UX/UI are relatively new fields, but extremely important for achieving that. User experience and User interface are closely related and both equally important for developing a successful product.
User experience is about the whole experience customers have while interacting with the product, it’s about how they feel, their emotions, how easy is to use the product, what features it has, how they work. So basically everything a customer experience from the first to he last contact with the product.
User interface is more about the design of that products, the aesthetic experience, how it looks, what are the colours, the layout, etc.
Considering the fact that the market today is overcrowded, UX/UI could be the determining factors for winning the competition, therefore HackMeOut Tbilisi will focus on this.
Why to participate?
Want to join in?
Check out the requirements below!
- Age 18-34
- Resident of one the countries: Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Czech Republic, Georgia, Hungary, Moldova, Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine
- Speaking English proficient level
- Expereience with the design thinking framework
- Knowing how to use the tools like Figma/Sketch/Adobe XD, Invision, Whimsical, Marcel Miro
- Heard about user research and translating insights from research to your designs
- Understanding of interaction design principles
- Itern/Junior UX designer who are eager to learn and improve their skills
- Extra point: undestanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
What can I expect?
What can I expect?
We will create high-fidelity prototypes from zero.
- Dramatically effective speed of execution
- clarity in the innovation process
- Improved problem solving skills
- First-hand learning experience in User Experience design